April 13, 2006

The Obvious...

The blood in your veins pumps through with certain inevitability. Straight to your heart for purification, back out through your body and then the cycle continues. On the outside, the world follows a similar pattern. Each ephemeral but significant event serves as a cleansing agent. A time for you to step back and reassess everything you’ve succeeded in and everything you’ve failed at to this point. And you'll wear it on your face as you make promises and assure yourself that you will change this way and that way. You will feel this and that. You anticipate, you envision and then move on. You may even promise yourself to always remember that moment or event – and you may actually remember it the way you wanted. But you may forget about it years down the road. And either way is alright.

It comes as no surprise that life is a series of realizations each of which promises to be profound –for the time being at least. And pulling this cart of realizations is hope. Hope for that final realization (sigh), hope that the final realization truly is… profound. So that in the end, you can justify having lived.

There is nothing "profound" here – merely another realization. A realization that some things are just obvious.

8 comments:

Rohan said...

Amen, Aman.

AD said...

Times of turmoil always cause me to rethink, often unrelated, variables in my life.

I invariably produce multiple plans of action as a direct result of such 're-thinks'; realization.

I then, self-expectedly, put the appropriate - or what seems appropriate to me at the time - action plan into effect ; realization.

Sometimes I come out a winner, sometimes I don't; realization.

When I don't, I doubt if my winning choices were actually winning choices; realization.

And how different were those from my losing one; realization.

Which begs the question - Have I really lost? ; realization?

I have never been able to answer that question; Hope.

Anonymous said...

I hyperlinked my way into your blog from Anahat's. Just thought I'd say hello since I noticed you're in my neck of the woods.
'Just like your latest post, what doesn't kill you, only makes you stronger... it does!!'
PS. Blood gets purified in the lungs not the heart :P (trust me to pick that up and bring it up to a total stranger!!) V R LIKE THAT ONLY! :)

- Aye Davanita said...

With much humility and some embarassment, I concede. You are correct -blood does get purified in the lungs. Hope you got a little more than that out of the blog though.

Thank you for you post.

[disgruntled]

Anonymous said...

Well .... the purification factor I want to add the purified blood comes through the pulmonary vein which is the only vien in the body which carries purified blood. And the and the pulmonary artery is the only artery which carries De- oxygenated blood... interesting facts... You could surely add that to the post son ....

- Aye Davanita said...

...did this mother fucker just call me son?

Its alright. Considering that your balls probably haven't dropped yet and seeing your sentence structure ("..the purification factor I want to add the purified blood comes..)

(sigh) what can one do but forgive?

Here's a couple of pointers for you... S-O-N:

1. Use spell/grammar check.
2. Don't use the word "son" unless the frame of reference is applicable to its literal meaning. You're not cool for using it... more of a loser really.
3. Don't post comments here as "anonymous".

Its a sheer-clear sign of.. lets see.. whats the phrase here...? yeah... being a pussy-ass bitch!

Own up to your shit and stick with it.

Anahat said...

NOW THATS what i call taking constructuve criticism well.. hehe... son... hahhaha... ur a riot butsy...

oh i was leaning towards citiciorp venture capital currently...

Anonymous said...

hahaha .. that's a fucking harsh comment son take it easy .. your sending the dude..!!!