July 13, 2006

playlist...

After much trial and error, I was able to create a playlist of songs to which I love falling asleep. I used to do this in college - fall asleep while listening to music that is - but had to use headphones so my room-mate wouldn't be grumpy. For those of you that have tried that - I'm sure you agree that sleeping with bloody headphones on your face is not the most comfortable experience.

Anyway, so I haven't had the roommate problem for a while - but only recently began doing this music-before-i-sleep business again. Haven't slept this well in a long time. Here's the current playlist in no particular order -

Indifference - Pearl Jam
No. 41 - Dave Matthews Band
White Ladder - David Gray
Cannonball - Damien Rice
Do you Remember? - Jack Johnson
Just Friends - Musiq Soul Child
Nothing Even Matters - Lauryn Hill ft. D'Angelo
Walk Away - Ben Harper
You've Got Me - The Roots ft. Erykah Badu
Present Tense - Pearl Jam
Crash Into Me - Dave Matthews Band
Older Chests - Damien Rice
Me and Those Dreamin' Eyes of Mine - D'Angelo
The World I Know - Collective Soul
Seasons - Chris Cornell
Use Me - Bill Withers

All of these are brilliant songs - so if you don't have em'... get em'.

g'nite...

6 comments:

Still Searching said...

Oh ya! I used to have a playlist too for sleep time, and since I didnt have the botheration of a roommate, I enjoyed it thoroughly! Hmmm.. I should start again...

'Crash into me'.. my fav.. haven't heard that in a while either!

AD said...

So you get
Goose bumps with Indifference when he says "I will hooooolllllld the candle"

Then you try and sing along in your head to hit those notes with .. "I wanted to stay, I want-ed to play, I want-ed to .."

Then your head bops rythmically to "To the night... To the night.."

Cannonball reminds you of my idiotic lovestruck times and you just laugh at me, so you ain't getting sleep there

Jack just reminds you of how you're incapable of keeping a beat and singing at the same time - then you remember me - then you curse me - still cant sleep

Just friends - reminds you of 48th & 10th walking to a deli amazed at how someone (a.k.a ME) recognized what you were humming. You then remember good times. Probably let go of a short laugh. No sleep.

Nothing Even Matters - all you can do is concentrate so hard on how D'Angelo hits those notes. You ain't sleeping my friend. Every note mofo

Walk Away starts to put you to sleep but then the coda with "We walk in the same direction... " gets you thinking about how fucked up you play it on the guitar and how I make fun of you. No sleep.

Roots - the electronic beats build up in the middle of the song can NOT put one to sleep. Cmon. Love it though.

Present Tense - are you kidding me? Goose bumps again

Crash into me. You are sound asleep and you shall NOT hear the rest of the playlist.

R.E.M is hapening right now. Aman is sleeping.

Boom! Seasons starts. You cannot but help wake up to that man's voice.

Use Me - You just smirk. Then playlist ends. THEN you sleep.

What a waste of 58 minutes!

- Aye Davanita said...

...the best 58 minutes in my day

Indifference - goose bumps (I start yawning till he hits "I'll swallow poison... until I grow immune..."

No. 41 - (swaying...)

White Ladder - (dwell on Delhi and Joy's recommendation for a bit)

Cannonball - no doubt smirking 'nuff said.

Do You Remember? - bastard and his perfect rhythm

Just Friends - many other memories with that one bro. Sr. Yr. college -ummm... will explain at some point.

Nothing Even Matters - I want to marry Lauryn H. and replace D'Angelo

Walk Away - a few more memories - Jr. Yr. College.

You've Got Me - Freshman yr. love Badu.

Present Tense - no doubt goose pimples again

Crash - can't emulate the bloody rhythm. Inept.

Older Chests - fall asleep

Dreamin' Eyes of mine - literally

World I Know - wake up in the middle for a bit - love New York for this song - I don't know.

Seasons - wide awake now. break of a tooth and place it under my pillow with a silent wish for Chris's voice.

Use Me - in some ways birthed Tequila w/Ice, and gets me ready for tomorrow.

I sleep like a baby...

Anonymous said...

Agree with goose bumps observation on the list (great selection however).

Some others that have worked in the past and continue to work their magic...

Rain Song - Zeppelin (an ol' favorite)

Come away with me - Norah Jones

Comfortably Numb - Pink Floyd (nuff' said, goose bumps on several occasions however)

Blue Eyes - Cary Brothers

Walking After You - Foo Fighters (just my opinion & thus highly subjective, but I feel that Dave Grohl is a better all-round musician than his former-Nirvana bandmate Kurt Cobain...)

She Talks to Angels - Black Crows

Grace is Gone (Dave Matthews cover of Johnny Cash's classic)

Sleep - Indus Creed (no explaination needed)

What is and what should never be - Zeppelin

PS: Seasons is too good to sleep to, Sunshower is a better Cornell alternative...

PPS: Note no PJ songs (can't sleep when God is singin')

AD said...

u fucker, *I* - a.k.a ARUN DHAR - gave birth to YOUR (tsk tsk) Tequila with Ice. The first Tequila with Ice (in the particular way you now drink it) you had was at my place. Whether born out of scarcity or not, give credit where its due mofo. Not only was it my idea, it was also at my place.

Smile & nod in acknowledgement mofo!

Hehe. :-)

- Aye Davanita said...

Didn't take any credit away from you. Instead identified the day. "Use Me", partial inspiration for "Misconceptions" - where you made Jose Cuervo w/ice (since we had nothing else) and wrote this bitchin' song. All connected...

who's f*in memory is fading now biatch?