March 22, 2006

...ode to apocalypse


Apocalypse now - a realization very late in the day.
I've determined that the year of 2006 is an antonym to existence. Everything is the other way around - well - maybe I'm pushing it and the trite philosophical discussion that everyone is familiar with may ensue but still -

majority becomes minority -minority becomes majority (Hammas in Palestine)

-Delhi wasn't as cold as it was in 70 years - in December!
-New York wasn't as warm as it was in 35 years - in December!

Tidal waves, suicide bombings, mass destruction, unethical voting results, increasing CO2 levels, decreasing O2 levels, increasing populations, increasing births, increasing deaths - most disturbingly- increasing indifference.

All this is lovely to say and feel in a blog. I am "moved" by this. Tomorrow you and I will forget this happened and pursue our own happiness - we HOPE... NOT at the cost of someone else - but if it happens... then "such is life" will be our motto for the day. Perhaps I presume too much by bring "you" into my world. But I certainly will not shy away from the fact that I live, breathe and act based on the knowledge that for one man to succeed perhaps many will have to fail. Such is my code. Such is my burden. Such is my joy. Such gives me perspective. "Such" makes things relative. Such is life.

It is depressing to think that the phrase "such is life" is its own justification - applicable and implemented by most -whether "you" like it or not.

No comments: