Meanwhile, elsewhere in the world - Pesticides in coke and pepsi in India? (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/4776623.stm)
What are pesticides doing in bloody soft drinks? Why did the Parliament "recommend" purity standards in 2003? Since when does the Parliament uphold a report and "recommend" something that isn't immediately carried out. What... who? (sigh)... why bother. I'm done.
Lets look back -
Friday night - a fundraiser event for the Bombay blast victims. Met someone I'd rather not have. Looking back through time I know it's clear that I've been blind. I've been a fool to ever open up to all that jealousy, that bitterness, that ridicule.
Moving on . . .
Saturday night - I was crushed and levelled by a smile... to the point of absolute and irrepairable paralysis, which was closely followed by a very unfamiliar panic. Amidst this wave of (ahem) new emotions - I let all the opportunities slip past. I was 12 years old again. Experience, confidence, game... all went out the window. I was deserted by what I thought defined me, and stood helplessly as invitations on silver platters for golden opportunities flew at me. I even ignored Tiru's nudges and "dude... GO!... she's looking right at you man!" followed by "DUDE!... she just did it again! go talk to her man!". So much wasted, as this moment kept slipping away. I would rather wonder about what could've been, than regret fuckin' it up.
Sunday couldn't come any sooner. In preparation for the much awaited annual Penn State golf weekend, I headed to Randall's island to hit some balls, take some practice swings. It was one of the most gorgeous days New York has seen all year and as we drove up I noticed a crowd of people filing in for some sort of event in the Stadium next to the golf range. I watched them through the looking glass and moved on.
116 balls, my golf bag and I proceeded toward the range. I was swinging well, considering I haven't played all season. I had moved from my pitching wedge to my 9 iron, then to the 7 and was setting up for a couple of swings with my 5 when it hit me. Music?. "Oh! I guess there's some random concert going on on next door - damn! I really wanted to concentrate on my Golf.. goddamm music!"
...but wait.
What's this? - I recognize it - I know its sweet soothing sound!! Babylon II!? DAVID GRAY!? Performing right next to me!? Damn!
"Let go your heart
Let go your head
And feel it now"
With a turn and a jig I was at my bag searching for the Big Dog.
Ball's on the T.
I set...
*SMACK!*
Let go your head
And feel it now"
With a turn and a jig I was at my bag searching for the Big Dog.
Ball's on the T.
I set...
*SMACK!*
a slowly rising white ball travelling absolutely straight and covering vast distances all the while climbing toward a beautiful blue sky. 300 yards - could've been. Might as well have been.
I'm smiling.
I'm smiling.
8 comments:
i love what you do with music in your posts. And because its this song..i had to comment.
Your last post too...very vivid.
I'm glad you enjoyed it.
Do I know you?
nope..found ur blog through the elastic retreat which i found through another ISB blogger...
Right on. Elastic is my boy.
kinda hard to miss that :)
i just tagged you bugger. come see. and then enjoy. or not. ha ha ha ha.
I was listening to Beautiful by James Blunt.... Reminded me of you and the angel that got you with her smile. :)
Sounds like a scene from a movie to me, the way you've described your Sunday golf round esp! And coz I play golf too (intermittently though now), I can totally imagine how there are times when something just 'hits' u within, and it all culminates in one-pointed concentration on ur shot, and everything else melts away - u're one with the world! and then when u finish the shot, u have an odd sense of fulfilment, and u don't even know you're smiling till someone points it out!
Post a Comment