March 06, 2006

our last meet - in the present tense...

With the advent of arun leaving, I feel almost compelled to write again. The absence of a prominent confidant, well, my only confidant, will be extremely trying and this white screen will have to bear (unfortunately) the burden of my words. I've always been great at advice -giving it that is. I have never been able to apply it to myself -enter Arun. It is not possible to fathom, to comprehend with reason or any logical rationale, how much this will change things. There are two certainties here. One, this will change things. Second, its not necessarily for the best. I say this with complete and overwhelming selfishness - because for Arun, this is the right decision and the correct route. I am not alone, yet stranded. I am not alone, yet - with cliche'd inevitability - I will be lonely. It will take an extreme obsession with my work to overcome this... an extreme obsession with myself. Following this blog, which seems to read more like a diary, I hope to capture events of lesser importance that will one day lead to the most important one. And this day will have nothing to do with my family, or Arun, or Sonia, or Sukhi, or Tiru, or Priyanka, or anyone of importance to me. It will be mine.

I will end this ode to 'Inspiration' with more cliche'd but appropriate words. The lows define the highs and vice versa. There is no tomorrow without yesterday. There is no arrival without departure. The only question that remains is... - when will I arrive?

2 comments:

S said...

your only confidant huh?!?!?!

AD said...

This too shall pass.